Welcome to our Blog

Thanks for signing in to view our blog. We hope to keep you up-to-date with all the happenings in the Haynes family in this website.

Thursday, August 27, 2009

A puzzling record broken and catching our breath


Our morning was spent working on our third 1000 piece puzzle. The pressure was on as we were trying to break a puzzle record for a single visit. After lunch, we took a trip to the Taos Ski Valley where we hiked 4 miles to and from Williams Lake. I think it was one of the most difficult hikes I have ever done. The trail was very rocky, and the elevation climb was over 1,000 feet. By the time we reached Williams Lake, we were at 11,400 feet. It was SO hard to catch my breath on the climb up. While it was easier to breathe on the descent, it was definitely more difficult on my knees. I was very thankful that I had my hiking sticks. Pictures of our trip to date can be viewed in our Photo Album. One thing that Becky and I learned on our hike is that the human male is very similar to the male elk - they hang out together and leave the females to fend for themselves. :( Before returning to the parking lot, we went into a quaint restaurant called The Bavarian and celebrated with a brewsky before driving to Taos for dinner. Within an hour after returning home, puzzle #3 was finished and our traditional photograph taken. With the completion of this puzzle, we broke a record for the most puzzles ever completed in a summer visit!

No comments: