Welcome to our Blog

Thanks for signing in to view our blog. We hope to keep you up-to-date with all the happenings in the Haynes family in this website.

Monday, January 26, 2009

Extremes




While visiting Dave, Meg, and Owen in New York this month, I experienced the joy that I remember as a child looking out the window at a snow storm. I had forgotten the quiet that accompanies the falling snow and the beauty as the landscape is transformed into a winter wonderland. It has been said that there is nothing better than curling up with a good book in front of a crackling fire on a cold, winter day. I beg to differ. There is nothing better than curling up in front of a crackling fire on a cold, winter day while snuggling a newborn grandbaby. :) I returned home to Phoenix, and on a typical Phoenix winter day, planted spring flowers while wearing shorts and a sleeveless shirt. Talk about extremes!

No comments: