Welcome to our Blog

Thanks for signing in to view our blog. We hope to keep you up-to-date with all the happenings in the Haynes family in this website.

Wednesday, October 28, 2009

News from the Hamptons



It is great to be in the Hamptons with Dave, Meg, and Owen. The trip here went very well. Once we flew over New Mexico, the scenery below was a winter wonderland. However, moving into the Midwest brought a lot of clouds. As we broke through the clouds to land at Midway, I saw all the beautiful reds, oranges, and very vibrant yellows. The clouds continued all the way to New York. It was disappointing that the visibility was so bad as we took a different approach into the airport and were flying over a lot of the mansions; however, the clouds were too thick to get a real good peek. Luckily, as we were preparing to land we were low enough that I got my thrill of seeing the beautiful landscape below. Times like that make me aware of the awesome scenery that God has given us on this earth. Everyone greeted me at the airport, and my little man was all grins and came to Grammy right away!! Oh quiet my beating heart. :) Since my arrival Meg and I went shopping, and I am happy to say that my grandson is THE best shopper. I was thrilled to get my gifts for Owen for Christmas and his first birthday: mission accomplished. We are going into the village today to see Meg's nephew march in a Halloween parade and then will come home to an evening of pumpkin carving. With the natural artistic qualities that Dave and Meg have, I fear that my pumpkin will pale in comparison. Owes is taking steps ALL the time; he prefers to be upright, although he eventually ends up on his fanny and then crawls. I have never seen such a happy little guy, and it is great to see him play and wrestle on the floor with his daddy. I have to capture some of those moments in video; what a great way to start the day hearing those delightful little squeals of laughter.

No comments: