Welcome to our Blog

Thanks for signing in to view our blog. We hope to keep you up-to-date with all the happenings in the Haynes family in this website.

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Visiting the Big Apple


I arrived in Hampton Bays on Thursday, November 6 for the purpose of attending Meg's baby shower on Saturday, November 8. Before dinner the night of my arrival, Dave and Meg handed me a gift bag and wished me an early happy birthday. The gifts were a soft black scarf and a handsome pair of gloves. Meg said, "Aren't you going to ask me where we are going that you will need to wear those?" Then she told me that she and I were going into New York City on the Hampton Jitney (a coach bus line) the next day to see the Radio City Rockettes Christmas Show!!! I have never been surprised like that; I was literally speechless. The next day we had "going-to-the-city" manicures, ate lunch in Southampton, and then embarked for our adventure to the City. We arrived in the City early, so we had the opportunity to walk through St. Patrick's Cathedral - very inspiring. The Rockettes were fantastic - the dancing, the costumes, the sets; every part of our day was perfect. This will definitely be one of my most memorable birthday celebrations.

1 comment:

Christy said...

What great kids you have!